Sunday, July 14, 2013

World War Z Film Film Review, Summary, Posters, Trailer (Special BONUS Review)

Profanity: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Violence:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9    Sex: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Review

     I didn't love WW Z personally. It had the potential to be a good movie, most zombie flicks do, but a combination of the fact that some zombies were horrific (thumbs up) and some zombies were people with weird contact lenses (thumbs down).

      Gerry seemed unrealistically invincible and that made the movie less enjoyable. I'm a guy so the fact that it was Brad Pitt (who is not an especially good actor)  did nothing to make it better.  However, at least the zombie effects were better than Thriller or The Walking Dead and kids will like that it's PG 13. Also, they used the same actor  (or so it looked to me) for the guy who took the Lanes in and one of the guys at the W.H.O place. Also,  I don't like when movies end abruptly without any real satisfying wrap up. I feel like it's the studio just rushing because of a deadline and cutting part of the script. 
     So, just a recap, WW Z wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. I liked the Jerusalem scene the best and I thought they did a good job portraying friendly family banter in the first scenes but I wouldn't watch it again or buy it on iTunes personally.

Summary

     World War Z is apparently based off Max Brooks's action zombie "report", but I don't see it (click here for our exclusive interview with Brooks). It is the story of ex UN Investigator Gerry Lane (Pitt) who is faced with the ultimate choice: he can either stay with his family and get kicked off the zombie-safe ship he's on or he can go on a dangerous mission to discover the cure to the zombie plague.

Posters




Trailer





BONUS Review WW Z Fan Made Short Film

     I make my own Indie movies sometimes and I've got to say, hats off to the guys who made this video. It's some of the best Indie filmmaking I have ever seen. They must have spent months making that one 5 minute short film. It's incredibly good and they seemed to have pulled out all of the stops when it comes to special effects. They must have like Adobe, Motion, and Cinema 4D to make some of their effects. They also went to a Comfort Inn and asked them to put out a sign one day that said "Closed Due To Infection." I really enjoyed watching this short film and I hope the makers of it will strike again. You can watch the video right here below.





No comments:

Post a Comment