Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Argo Film Synopsis, Review, Posters, Parental Guidance Information, Trailer

PROFANITY: 2 3 4 5 6 7   VIOLENCE:1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9    SEX: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9




Review


     Argo was a super intense movie! I highly suggest watching it. It stars Ben Affleck as the CIA agent who came up with the idea to use a movie as the ploy to get hostages out of Iran.  Sounds complicated? Well, thats what the other agents thought.

     The movie was (as I said above) incredibly intense and the kind of movie that you want to look up the ending on Wikipedia because you can't stand the suspense anymore. I suggest not looking it up on Wikipedia because it's a truly great movie and looking up the ending would totally ruin it for you.
     Even though I kind of got roped into watching it, I'm super glad I did! I think that Argo is one of the best movies I have ever seen. It was certainly one of the best movie I saw this year!
     Argo is based on a true story and there is actually a poster for proof. The movie won 4 Oscars in 2012 including Best Picture. That was the only reason I watched it, actually. I totally understand how it won. 

 Summary

     Argo is the story of the invasion by the Iranian people of the US Embassy in Tehran, Iran. Six of the people trapped in the embassy escaped and fled to the ambassador of Canada's house (the straw house got burned down so the 6 little pigs go running to the brick house). CIA agent Tony Mendez (Yes, the guy who hogs the camera in all of the media you see on this page!) comes up with a brilliant and incredibly straightforward plan to get them out of Tehran: make a movie (incredibly proactive!)
   




Trailer 1


Trailer 2


Poster 1:


Poster 2:


Parental Guidance Information

     Argo has quite a few swears in it. One of the catch phrases of the movies is Argo Fuck Yourself, if that gives you an idea. Why they have a catch phrase like that beats me! I have no clue. I guess it was so they could rate it R or something like that. 
     There is (obviously) a lot of swearing and....(I don't know where I was going with that and) in this film. Mostly it's the use of the f bomb but there is also quite a few of other swears and insults in it. 
     I don't think there is really any sex in Argo or gore/disturbing violence. However, there is quite a bit of intense scenes and brutality. I don't think I can really list scenes to watch out for in this movie because there was a lot of language in almost every scene. 





No comments:

Post a Comment