Thursday, November 21, 2013

Give A Damn? Film Review, Synopsis, Posters, Trailer


PROFANITY: 1 2 5 6 7 8 9   VIOLENCE:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  SEX: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Review

     Great Movie! I thought this was a really entertaining, not to mention touching movie.

     Give A Damn? is on my top list of 50 movies to see before you die (oh wait, I don't have that list, yet, do I? Minor details!), and not just because it's the kind of movie that you can't really say that you don't like. It really was an awesome movie! It was definitely the best documentary I've ever seen (which, between you and me, isn't saying much as I think most documentaries are trash!).
     The movie could very easily have been fiction. Even when you watch the trailer, you can tell that it's a very epic movie. It's got action, edge of your seat suspense, and doesn't try to guilt you into becoming an activist (well, it does, but just the right amount, like eating a really small brownie instead of a big one. Bad example!). It also brings you past the infomercials and gives you an inside look at what life is really like in poor Africa. There is also, I think I'm repeating myself, an element of action, surprising action, that completely changes the entire plot of the movie.
     And, would you think I was simply lying if I told you that the maker of this incredibly moving, intense moral story of poverty in Africa actually made the movie funny? Well, if you do, than you'll have to question whether any of my reviews were true at all because it was funny. Even little things, differences in religious beliefs and accidental jokes made Give A Damn? a funny movie.
     If only you could actually watch it! According to the main producer (Danny Parris), they will have it on iTunes soon although an actual date was not given. Other than that, the only way to see it is by looking at their screening list at giveadamndoc.com and hoping that there is a screening in your area. It's sad that one of the best documentaries ever made is untouchable (not meant to be creepy, just came out that way!). If anybody knows a way to watch it, please let me know in the description! (I have seen it, by the way. The way to watch it would be for others!)

Synopsis

     In this amazing and heartwarming documentary about 3 friends who hitchhike their way to Africa, living off a dollar a day, 3 friends hitchhike their way to Africa..... Oh, never mind, I think I already said that!

Poster




















Trailer






No comments:

Post a Comment